Children learn at different rates and show a great variety in the ways in which they learn best. Some find it much harder to interact and learn than others of the same age and may need extra help.
This is because they might have difficulty or challenges with:
- Reading, writing, number work or understanding information
- Expressing themselves or understanding what is being said to them
- Organising themselves
- Understanding and following rules and routines
- Making friends or relating to adults
- A medical condition
- A sensory need such as a difficulty with seeing or hearing
We keep a register of children in our school who have a special educational need or disability.
Disabilities such as speech and language delays, autism spectrum disorder and learning disabilities are our specialty and we have an in-house therapist who takes care of those with such disabilities.
With the guidance of the therapist, the class teacher identifies barriers to learning and makes provisions to ensure all the pupils make the best possible progress.